The .BIZ domain was introduced in 2001 as an alternative to the .com domain, in order to avoid long waiting lists to register business sites. Specifically dedicated to the world of business (hence the phonetic abbreviation .BIZ) it is the perfect extension for new businesses. Find the .BIZ domain that's right for you now, and start building up your online presence.
The advantages of a .BIZ domain
Let the whole world know that you're in business! The .BIZ extension is much less common than .com, and is perfect for highlighting a domain with a dazzling, engaging name. Also, if you want a domain that focuses on a specific keyword connected to your business, choosing a .BIZ domain is a winning strategy when it comes to SEO! Check availability now, and breathe life into your new business site.
How to register a .BIZ domain:
Registering a .BIZ domain is subject to a few restrictions:
- A .BIZ domain can only be registered to be used for bona fide commercial or business purposes.
- The registration of a .BIZ domain must comply with the UDRP (Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy) document, as stipulated by ICANN (Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers).
- For the purposes of registration, the phrase “bona fide” means in good faith for the purposes or use of the domain or of any content, software, material, graphics or any other information that allows Internet users to access one or more hosts via the DNS service in order to:
- exchange services, goods and property of any kind
- carry out ordinary commercial or business activities
- facilitate (i) the exchange of goods, services, information or property of any kind, or (ii) the ordinary carrying out of commercial or business activities
Search for the domain name you want to register with a .BIZ TLD, free of charge. See if it’s available and buy it at a special price. The basic plan includes DNS management, Redirect and Swite. Alternatively, you can buy the email service, a hosting service or one of our WordPress solutions with a .BIZ domain.