Made up of the first two letters of the word España (Spanish for "Spain"), the .ES extension is the top-level domain for Spain, and was created for all the activities connected to the country of Spain. Previously subject to certain restrictions, in 2005 the rules were relaxed and it is now available to everyone, without any limitation.
The advantages of a .ES domain
Whether you have a business, personal or any other kind of website, the .ES extension is for anyone connected to Spanish territory, and is the first choice for anyone keen to highlight their own links to Spain. Second-level domains are also available, and are designed to narrow down the website's specific area of relevance, including:
- .com.es – for websites with a commercial purpose
- .nom.es – dedicated to the registration of people's names
- .org.es – for non-commercial organizations
How to register a .ES domain:
Registering a .ES domain is subject to a few restrictions:
- Anybody who makes a request can register a .ES domain.
- It is possible to activate an unlimited number of .ES domains online.
- A .ES domain name can contain all letters from A to Z and all numbers from 0 to 9. It can contain the "-" mark, but not at the beginning or at the end.
- A .ES domain must contain between 3 and 63 characters.
- Some .ES domains are reserved and cannot be assigned.
- The second-level domains .gob.es and .edu.es are reserved for government bodies or educational institutions and are therefore subject to restrictions.
Search for the domain name you want to register with a .es TLD, free of charge. See if it’s available and buy it at a special price. The basic plan includes DNS management, Redirect and Swite. Alternatively, you can buy the email service, a hosting service or one of our WordPress solutions with a .es domain.