The .EU domain
If you want to expand your business across Europe, a .EU domain is the right choice for you. An audience of approximately 500 million people is waiting for you.
The advantages of a .EU domain
The registration of a .EU domain helps find customers throughout Europe and is also an indication of attention to internationalization. .EU domain names communicate to your audience that your business is located in Europe and is therefore reliable because it is subject to EU laws and standards. The registration of a .EU domain can ultimately be an excellent strategy to protect your brand and to prevent anyone else from setting up a website with your same domain name.
How to register a .EU domain:
Only the following are eligible to register a .EU domain:
- Citizens of the European Union, regardless of their place of residence;
- Natural persons who are not citizens of the European Union but are resident in a member state;
- Companies with a registered office in the European Union;
- Organizations with a registered office in the European Union, subject to the application of national legislation.
If you want to register a .EU domain, make sure that the name you have chosen meets the following requirements:
- A .EU domain name can contain letters from A to Z and numbers from 0 to 9;
- The "-" (hyphen) mark can be used only in the middle of the domain name;
- The .EU domain can contain some characters of the Cyrillic, Greek or Latin alphabets, but they must originate from a single script;
- The .EU domains must contain a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- Some .EU domain names are reserved to European Union institutions, European Union Member States, European Economic Area countries, countries in the EU accession phase or EURid;
- Some .EU domains have been blocked by EU Member States or institutions and therefore cannot be registered.
Check now, free of charge, to see if the .EU domain name you want to register is still available. Get your .EU domain with the basic domain registration plan with or without email, or choose a more comprehensive solution that also includes mail and webspace.