The .shop domain
Want to start selling online? Do you have a site and would also like to open an eCommerce shop? Are you having trouble finding a domain available for opening your online shop? The .shop domain is the answer to your problems as it's the easiest way to start selling online whilst keeping the name of your physical store, your website or your Facebook page.
The advantages of a .shop domain
A site with the extension .shop makes it immediately clear that it's the right channel for purchasing products. Registering a .shop domain now with the name of your business is the best option if you want to start selling online, but even if you don't have a brand of your own, there are many good reasons for registering one (or several) .shop domains:
- To protect your brand - because just by registering “yourbrand.shop” you can rest assured that no one else will
- To focus on a category of products - .shop is the ideal domain for making a site a leading supplier for a certain category of items (for example childrensclothing.shop)
- It's short – An extension of just 4 letters, easy to remember and type, will provide you with an eye-catching and very memorable domain
So don't waste any time! If you want to start selling online, do it with a .shop.
How to register a .shop domain:
There are no restrictions on registering a .shop domain, except for the name, which must comply with the following rules:
- A .shop domain must be a minimum of 3 characters and a maximum of 63 characters long.
- It can contain all letters from A to Z and all numbers from 0 to 9. It can contain the “-“ symbol, but not at the beginning nor at the end.
Search for the domain name you wish to register with the .shop extension, check if it's still available and purchase it at a special price. The basic plan includes DNS Management or Redirect. Alternatively, you can associate the mail or hosting service with your .shop domain.